Cinnamon Rolls

Share your recipes from a rally or one you just want someone else to enjoy...

Moderators: Executive Board, Regional Directors, Past Presidents

Cinnamon Rolls

Postby Chuck & Sue » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:25 pm

Several creekers asked me for this recipe at the last rally. It's made in a bread machine and is very easy to do.

1 cup warm water (110 degrees) 1/3 c. butter or oleo
1 egg 1/2 c. vanilla ice cream
3 cups bread flour (I have used all purpose) 1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. white suger 1/2 c. butter, softened for spreading
3 Tbsp. instant pwd. milk 1 TBL. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 c. brown sugar
5 Tbsp. oleo or butter, softened
1 tsp. quick-rising yeast

Place water, egg, flour, sugar, pwd. milk, salt, and 5 tbsp. butter and yeast in bread machine in order suggested by the manufacturer. I put the liquids in first, then flour, milk & salt. Make a well in the dry ingredients and drop in yeast. Put butter around the edges of the dry ingredients by tablespoons. Select DOUGH setting and turn machine on.

Meanwhile in a small saucepan, melt 1/3 c. butter. Add 1/2 c. brown sugar and 1/2 c. ice cream. Bring to a boil and cook 2 min.
Pour caramel mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 9 X 13 pan. Put pecans on the bottom if you wish.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

When bread machine has finished the dough cycle, remove dough and turn out on a lightly floured surface (I use a clean kitchen hand towel, floured). Roll or pat into a rectangle about 6 X 10. Spread with softened butter, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Crumble 1/2 c. brown sugar over the top and roll up starting at the long side. Cut into 12 rolls and place in prepared pan on top of caramel and nuts.
Allow to rise until doubled in size about 1-2 hrs depending on warmth of kitchen.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 min. or until lightly browned. Let cool about 5 minutes, then turn upside down on waxed paper. All the gooey goodness will be on top! Enjoy!

Sue Hucke
Chuck & Sue
2005 37' RDQS, 2003 Silverado 2500 Duramax/Allison.
Chuck & Sue
1K posting member

Re: Cinnamon Rolls

Postby angeli.mina » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:41 am

where can i purchase quick rising yeast?
i saw yeast only. not with quick rising
angeli.mina

Return to Creeker Favorite Recipe's