CCRVOC communication chanel

Discuss Cedar Creek RV Owners Club related topics and discussion.

Moderators: Ray and Linda, Executive Board, Regional Directors, Past Presidents

CCRVOC communication chanel

Postby sody » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:40 am

Some of our members may be aware that there was briefly a Cedar Creek RV Owners club Facebook page that has since been closed. This forum has been our means of communication with members since the club's inception. There are several reasons for this:
1. Communications/posts on the forum can be archived and kept as a record.
2. Using one source of communication ensures that all members have access to the same information, thus coordination of activities and events is easier.
3. Once we start using other media, we begin to lose our identity as a club and we could end up fragmented.
4. Security of the forum website is stronger, although not impenetrable. Hence members are somewhat less likely to be hacked or subject to spam or nuisance ads.

I appreciate your understanding and cooperation in keeping the forum as our communication source.
John & Laverne Soetebier
2013 30RL, 2010 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax/Allison
Americus, KS
sody
President

Re: CCRVOC communication chanel

Postby SandsOrrell » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:10 am

Very well said, Laverne!
Skip and Susan Orrell
2013 34RLSA, MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, Disc Brakes, GY LT 614G Tires, Level Up
2013 Chevy 3500 LTZ D/A 4X4 DRW CC

USAF Pilot 63-83; Vietnam Vet
Full-timers
SandsOrrell

Postby Danny & Cheryl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:55 am

My only complaint with this Forum is the inability of myself and lots of folks being unable to post pictures easily. there has to be a better way to do that. first just by more bandwidth or like the FR forum set the forum up to automatically adjust the size of the pictures that are uploaded.
Danny & Cheryl and Penny
30RLBS, MORryde IS/Disc Brakes
2015 RAM 3500 Cummins DRW
40 Gal TransferFlow Fuel Tank

Danny & Cheryl
1K posting member

Postby Ray and Linda » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:21 am

Danny ,I've been on this web site from day one , and I've never posted a picture .. Lots of folks post very many...get with Torben and have him Help you..He is super,,as is Linda, Lea,..But it has been a wonderful tool for us..
2004.36rlts custom with all the goodies
2007 Chevy 3500 crew duramax allison 4x4 ..and all the rest

Tobie..# 1 Driver
Linda # 1 Boss
1/3 of the bad boys
Ray and Linda
Website Monitor

Postby Danny & Cheryl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Thanks Ray, Torben has tried to help but he couldn't help me. but thanks anyway.
Danny & Cheryl and Penny
30RLBS, MORryde IS/Disc Brakes
2015 RAM 3500 Cummins DRW
40 Gal TransferFlow Fuel Tank

Danny & Cheryl
1K posting member

Postby Ricker » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:06 pm

Laverne,

Agree 100% even though we joined that Cedar Creek page briefly. After thinking about this, people would lean to using the Facebook site and eventually may not renew our club membership. I suggest other members to limit what "tech" as well as other information is shared on the sites that's available for Cedar Creek owners like - I Love My Cedar Creek as well as Forest River Cedar Creek Owners and continue to share those with all of us. There is several of us that has suggested to look at our club information on those other sites and currently don't know if this has helped in getting people to look at and join. Our club page has a lot of tech advise as well a ton of general information. This club was formed long before we became members and is still our go to site. Can our site get a little more user friendly, yes it can but I'm not a tech person to make this happen but can offer maybe suggestions to the admins? This site is one reason we joined after buying our 1st Cedar Creek and if it wasn't for the club bumper sticker already on there, we may not have found it.

Rick & Mindy
Rick & Mindy Danberry
Basehor, KS
2016 CC 38FL6 Hathaway Edition - "Beauty"
2011 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L power stroke - and the "Beast"

Ricker

Postby sody » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:26 am

Rick & Mindy, I agree wholeheartedly with your observations and comments. I try to put in a plug for CCRVOC whenever I can on those other two Facebook pages. But I also try (hopefully) to not divulge all our tech tricks so that folks will look to and join the club for that type of information.
John & Laverne Soetebier
2013 30RL, 2010 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax/Allison
Americus, KS
sody
President

Return to CCRVOC Discussion