Toilet Seal

Have a question about your Creek or your generators, refrigerators and other related electrical/mechanical questions? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: Executive Board, Regional Directors

Toilet Seal

Postby George&Elaine » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:54 am

We have a one year old Silverback trailer and the toilet ball seal is not sealing. Anyone have any tips on
how to get it to seal better before replacing it ? And how hard is it to replace ? thanks
George&Elaine

Re: Toilet Seal

Postby KC Creekers » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:25 am

A couple thoughts. Bend a wire into a "L" shape and gently clean around the seal. After that take some olive oil and lubricate the seal.

There are proably some other ways that someone else will come up with later.

Frank
Frank & Linda
2004 Cedar Creek 30CKTS 5th Wheel
2004 Chevy Silverado HD 8.1/Allison
KC Creekers
Region 6 Director

Postby Chuck & Sue » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:22 pm

You can also flush it, dry it off and rub vaseline on the seal. That will help it hold without having to replace it. We do that.
Chuck & Sue
2005 37' RDQS, 2003 Silverado 2500 Duramax/Allison.
Chuck & Sue

Postby dickhix1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:02 pm

Been there and done that. All of the above work. I have also used WD-40. with the water off, spray some on the ball and then open and close it. I have also taken a small piece of sticky back velcro and stuck it on a finger of a rubber glove and used that to try and clean the seal and as much of the edges of the ball as I could.
Dick and Peggy Hicks

10 36RE
2011 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab 4X4 Long Bed, 50 gal. xfer tank
Image Image
dickhix1
Region 3 Director

Postby IOWASTROKER » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:50 pm

I use a small piece of ScotchBrit and simply clean the bottom edge of the seal AND top of ball, then add a little Vaseline to seal. I suspect the R&R of stool to replace seal is timely, but simple. Probably best to replace wax ring IF you pull the stool. Good Luck. Johnny aka IOWASTROKER
IOWASTROKER

Return to Tech Issues