Winterizing???

Have a question about your Creek or your generators, refrigerators and other related electrical/mechanical questions? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: Executive Board, Regional Directors

Winterizing???

Postby wbonta123 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:01 pm

I have winterized campers for years, but now I am having a problem. I know it has a simple answer but I am in the forest and I can't see the trees. On my new 2012 with the docking station there is a diagram that shows how the valves are to be set for winterizing. When I set them like the diagram I don't get any antifreeze through the hot water side of the faucets. One or more of the valves need to be different than the diagram but I haven't had time to figure it out as I am in the middle of re-seeding a 20 acre pasture before the monsoons set in. Water heater is drained and antifreeze run through all cold water fausets, but nothing on the hot water side. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, B.J.
B. J. & Barb Bonta
2012 36RE, 2008 Chevy 3500, Duramax/Allison, 4x4
wbonta123
President

Re: Winterizing???

Postby splashers3 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:55 am

BJ - I don't recall the specifics on our 2009 GII, (as I am not home looking at the diagram) but during our PDI, we (with the dealer) discovered that our diagram was wrong...at least one and maybe 2 of the valve pictures in the diagram were backwards....we needed to do just the opposite of what the diagram was showing us - then it worked just fine.
Mike, Carol & Tim; and our newest RVer - Lily (Golden Retriever).
Our Golden, Tracy, is waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
08 GMC Sierra 2500 D/A, CC,
09 Silverback GII 32 WRL
splashers3

Postby whooboy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:25 am

BJ, there is a valve between the blue lines and the red lines (about in the middle of the manifold). Make sure it is open. Then you will get water through both sides of the faucets. If it is closed, you will only get water through the cold side.
Pete and Jane Brandon
Jack & Ted
Las Cruces, NM
2009 36 CKTS
2006 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW CC Duramax/Allison
ImageImage
whooboy
Region 8 Director

Postby Harold & Linda » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:21 pm

B J
The best way to winterizing your trailer is hook it up and head SOUTH wnere it will be warm!!!!!!!!

Harold
Region 7 Director
The Horse
2005 Chevy. 3500 C/C Dually, Duramax/Allison, Prodigy, Roll Top Bed Cover.
Our Covered Wagon
2007 Cedar Creek 36RLTS Custom
Exposure to the Son may Prevent Burning
1/3 of the Bad Boys
Harold & Linda
Region 7 Director

Postby wbonta123 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Pete,

That worked!! THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!!!!! I have been covered up with trying to get my far pasture re-done into warm season grass, and I am rushing to beat the rain forecast that is to be here in a day or so. We just finished planting 20 acres, fertilizing and I had burned it off a week or so ago. Anyway it is DONE. Again, thanks for the help.

Harold,

You know we will be out of here but not until after Christmas with the kids and grandchildren. Then I will be down south.
B. J. & Barb Bonta
2012 36RE, 2008 Chevy 3500, Duramax/Allison, 4x4
wbonta123
President

Return to Tech Issues